ASNC2020 Finale: University of Rochester Imaging ‘Aces’ Zoom in on Hot Topics
Presenting live from the University of Rochester Medical Center, Ronald G. Schwartz, MD, MS, MASNC, Maria L. Mackin, MS, CNMT, RT(N), LNMT, Jesse A. Doran, MD, Hima Vidula, MD, and Erin M. Armenia, MD, delivered the grand finale to ASNC's 25th Annual Scientific Session on Wednesday, Oct. 7.
Ronald G. Schwartz, MD, MS, MASNC, Himu Vidula, MD, Jesse A. Doran, MD, Maria L. Mackin, MS, CNMT, RT(N), LNMT, and Erin M. Armenia, MD, presented at Cases with the Aces "Seeing the Light Under Gray Skies"
And what a way to close! Dr. Schwartz and team presented "Cases with the Aces: Seeing the Light Under Gray Skies" – approximately 20 cases examined in the context of published and ongoing research as well as teaching points.
Here are a few of the hot topics that the University of Rochester team tackled:
- Transitioning to CZT SPECT;
- Rapid evaluation with an ultra-low-dose stress-only protocol;
- Imaging obese patients with CZT SPECT;
- Caffeine substitution, including the potential of buccal strips;
- Reviewing histograms and calculating LVEF with ECG-gated MPI;
- Using SPECT to identify culprit vascular territories causing ischemic symptoms;
- Diagnosing cardiac sarcoidosis with hybrid resting perfusion + fasting FDG PET;
- Advantages of a multidisciplinary approach to complex disease management;
- How FDG PET might help detect transplant rejection;
- Identifying aortitis on an FDG PET scan; and
- Diagnosing AL vs. TTR amyloidosis.