Start Date: 9/5/2018 7:00 AM CDT
End Date: 9/6/2018 5:00 PM CDT
Venue Name: Marriott Marquis Location:
780 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA United States 64108
Overall Goal The goal of this board review course is to prepare participants for the certification and recertification exam in nuclear cardiology, as well as provide a broad review in nuclear cardiology topics. It increases learners’ knowledge and competence to treat patients with the appropriate cardiac nuclear imaging procedures.
Program Objectives The primary objectives of the course are to enable participants to:
- Appraise knowledge of physics and instrumentation associated with nuclear imaging
- Explain image acquisition and processing, including artifacts
- Describe risk stratification
- Integrate radiation safety standards into professional practice
- Discuss the use of nuclear imaging in assessment viability
- Interpret perfusion images, including PET and ventricular function imaging
- Utilize perfusion imaging in the assessment, diagnosis and response to therapy in CAD patients and special populations
Accreditation and Continuing Education Credit:
Physicians: The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology designates this live activity for a maximum of 19* AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTMand 19* medical knowledge MOC points. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*Subject to change when program is finalized