NC for Fellows
March 9, 2018 | Orlando, Fla.
Save the Date!
more coming soon!
2018 Nuclear Cardiology for Fellows-in-Training Program will be held immediately prior to the start of the ACC.18: Annual Scientific Session in Orlando, Fla. This exclusive event is by the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC). This complimentary FIT program will provide you a better understanding of the role of nuclear cardiology imaging and cardiac CT in a variety of cardiac conditions to ensure appropriate use when they enter clinical practice. The program provides important background information and clinical insights from experts from which Fellows and other healthcare professionals can pursue a more in-depth understanding of nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT.
Fellows In Training may become an ASNC member for free to support their career throughout the year.
- SPECT Acquisition, Processing & Artifacts
- Stress Testing, Tracers and Protocols
- Risk Stratification & Prognosis
- Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring
- Appropriate Use Criteria
- Clinical Application of Coronary CT Angiography
- Non-coronary Cardiac CT
- Cardiac PET
- Radiation Exposure in Cardiac Imaging
- Patient Centered Imaging: Modality Imaging Selection for Different Indications
- Read with the Expert Case Presentations
Tentative Course Objectives:
- Recognize the proper application of the ACC/ASNC AUC across a variety of patients
- Employ optimal methodology to acquire, process, interpret, and report nuclear cardiology studies
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new protocols and imaging technologies and how to incorporate these into clinical practice
- Review and improve interpretation skills in standard and emerging technologies in nuclear cardiology
- Recognize how to utilize clinical practice guidelines to enhance performance, document compliance, and improve clinical management Analyze and update the basic physiological approach to stress testing and perfusion imaging
- Review the role of radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary artery disease
- Evaluate the role of complementary myocardial imaging techniques including cardiovascular computed tomography
Program Directors:Mouaz Al-Mallah, MD, MSc, FASNC, FSCCT (Director)
King AbdelAziz Cardiac Center
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
This event is not part of ACC.18, as planned by its Program Committee, and does not qualify for continuing education (CME), continuing nurse education (CNE) or continuing education (CE) credit.
Please note: we are unable to provide lunch.