Start Date: 5/24/2021 6:00 PM EDT
End Date: 5/27/2021 7:30 PM EDT
The program will be offered in four 90-minute sessions, one session per day for four days. Think of it like an intense workout with Program Director Saurabh Malhotra, MD, MPH, FASNC, and faculty guiding you through two to three essential topics per session.
Topics will include nuclear physics and instrumentation; stress testing protocols; image interpretation and reporting; CAD testing; appropriate use and application; cardiac PET; SPECT artifacts; and cardiac amyloidosis imaging.
- Recognize the proper application of the ACC/ASNC AUC across a variety of patients
- Employ optimal methodology to acquire, process, interpret, and report nuclear cardiology studies
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new protocols and imaging technologies and how to incorporate these into clinical practice
- Review and improve interpretation skills in standard and emerging technologies in nuclear cardiology
- Recognize how to utilize clinical practice guidelines to enhance performance, document compliance, and improve clinical management Analyze and update the basic physiological approach to stress testing and perfusion imaging
- Review the role of radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary artery disease
- Evaluate the role of complementary myocardial imaging techniques including cardiovascular computed tomography