Board of Directors
ASNC is governed by a member-elected Executive Council and Board of Directors and appointed committees and subcommittees. Terms are from January 1 to December 31.
The Nominating Committee of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) is seeking recommendations for ASNC members to serve as Director on the Board of Directors, the chief governing and policy-making body of the Society. Directors serve four-year terms.
Interested in joining our Board of Directors? Learn more about the 2021 nomination guidelines.
2020 Executive Council
|President||Sharmila Dorbala, MD, FASNC|
|Vice President||Dennis Calnon, MD, MASNC|
|President-elect||Randall Thompson, MD, FASNC|
|Secretary||Donna Polk, MD, FASNC|
|Treasurer||Mouaz Al-Mallah, MD, FASNC|
|Immediate Past President||Rob Beanlands, MD, MASNC|
|Past President||Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC|
ASNC 2020 Slate of Officers
Board of Directors
David G. Wolinsky, MD, MASNC
Mouaz H. Al-Mallah, MD
Rami Doukky, MD, FASNC
Maria G. Sciammarella, MD
Peter L. Tilkemeier MD, MMM, MASNC
Lane Duvall, MD, FASNC
Gabriel Grossman, MD, PhD, FASNC
Rory Hachamovitch, MD, MASNC
Andrew Einstein, MD, PhD, FASNC
April Mann, MBA, MASNC
Karthik Ananth, MD, FASNC
Panithaya Chareonthaitawee, MD
Stephen Bloom, MD, FASNC
Vasken Dilsizian, MD, MASNC
Saurabh Malhotra, MD, MPH, FASNC
Regina S. Druz, MD, FASNC
Wael A. Jaber, MD
Timothy L. Dunn, BSc. CNMT, NMTCB
Terrence D. Ruddy, MD, FASNC
Ronald G. Schwartz, MD, MASNC
2021 Nomination Guidelines
Who May Nominate
- A member may be a primary nominator for only 1 member.
- A member may write a support letter for 2 Trustees provided they are not the primary nominator of a Director.
- Members may self-nominate.
Nominations for membership on the 2021 Board of Directors are due April 10, 2020.
Alison Bondurant at email@example.com; (703) 459-2553
Where to Submit Nominations
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [insert nominee’s name] - 2021 Board of Directors Nomination
- Notify ASNC staff (above) of the intended nomination.
- Notify and advise the nominee to submit:
- Biosketch form
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of interest
- Submit a (primary) nomination letter on formal letterhead addressed to Rob Beanlands, MD, MASNC, Nominating Committee Chair. The nomination letter must include:
- Nominee’s best e-mail address and phone number
- List of the nominee’s ASNC committee involvement (may be requested of staff)
- Specific qualifications of the candidate to hold the recommended position
- Solicit no more than 5 additional support letters on formal letterhead addressed to Rob Beanlands, MD, MASNC, Nominating Committee Chair Note: 1 letter of support may be from a non-ASNC member
- Submit acceptance of nomination in writing by April 10, 2020.
- Submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Biosketch form to the primary nominator and to ASNC staff
- Letter of interest addressed to Rob Beanlands, MD, MASNC, Nominating Committee Chair, explaining:
- Level of interest.
- Expertise they can contribute.
- How they would fulfill the criteria as listed in the recommended nominating guidelines.
- How their time will be made available, especially based on their current work environment.
- How they would contribute to ASNC’s strategic goals.
1994 Jeffrey A. Leppo, MD
1995 Frans J. Th. Wackers, MD, PhD
1996 Ami E. Iskandrian, MD
1997 Mario S. Verani, MD
1998 Manuel D. Cerqueira, MD
1999 Kenneth A. Brown, MD
2000 Timothy M. Bateman, MD
2001 James E. Udelson, MD
2002 Gary V. Heller, MD, PhD
2003 Ernest V. Garcia, PhD
2004 Robert C. Hendel, MD
2005 Kim Allan Williams, MD, MASNC
2006 Myron C. Gerson, MD
2007 Gregory S. Thomas, MD, PhD
2008 William A. Van Decker, MD
2009 Jennifer H. Mieres, MD
2010 Mylan C. Cohen, MD, MPH
2011 Leslee J. Shaw, PhD
2012 John J. Mahmarian, MD
2013 James A. Arrighi, MD
2014 E. Gordon DePuey, MD
2015 David G. Wolinsky, MD, MASNC
2016 Brian G. Abbott, MD, MASNC
2017 Raymond R. Russell, III, MD, PhD, MASNC
2018 Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC
Founders of ASNC November 1992
The following individuals were present at the founding meeting of our Society in New Orleans 1992...
Frans J. Th. Wackers, MD, PhD, President-Elect
Ami S. Iskandrian, MD, Vice-President
Mario S. Verani, MD, Secretary
Kenneth A. Brown, MD, Treasurer
Timothy M. Bateman, MD
Daniel S. Berman, MD
Manuel D. Cerqueira, MD
Raymond J. Gibbons, MD
Lynne L. Johnson, MD
Heinz R. Schelbert, MD, PhD
George A. Beller, MD
Robert O. Bonow, MD
Jeffrey S. Borer, MD
Elias H. Botvinick, MD
Charles A. Boucher, MD
Robert C. Hendel, MD
Jamshid Maddahi, MD
Gerald M. Pohost, MD
Steven C. Port, MD
James L. Ritchie, MD
Barry L. Zaret, MD