ASNC2019 at a Glance: 40 Sessions (22 Case-based!) Organized Into 12 Tracks
Panithaya Chareonthaitawee, MD, Terrence D. Ruddy, MD and the ASNC2019 Program Committee developed this year's conference around the idea that attendees have different interests and priorities. What you need to grow your career, nurture your team and expand your practice is at least somewhat unique.That's why ASNC2019 offers 40 concurrent sessions—more than half of them featuring cases—organized into 12 tracks, each designed to let you choose what you learn and how you learn it. From didactic lectures and debates to cases and hands-on workshops, you can dig deep on the topics that interest you or sample from a wide variety of areas. Take a look at the tracks:
- Advanced: updates on cutting-edge technology with an emphasis on clinical applications
- Cases with the Aces—Interactive Reading: Small group sessions led by faculty from premier nuclear cardiology programs. These sessions are all about attendee participation—the closest thing to personal mentoring in your own lab.
- Image-based Case Management (Read with the Experts): Interactive, case-based sessions focused on using imaging to manage complex cardiovascular diseases
- Intersocietal Multimodality Imaging: Join guideline-writers from around the globe for thoughtful discussion on the research and challenges that are evolving guidelines and standards
- Scintillating Learning Through Social Media: Learn why and how to leverage social media to stay up-to-date in your field, improve your practice, develop your career and impact your patients.
- PET: Everything you need to know to start and build a PET program and use this powerful imaging modality.
- Plenary: Clyde W. Yancy, MD, MSc, will deliver the opening keynote address on cardiovascular disease disparities; Mario Verani Lecturer John J. Mahmarian, MD, will tackle the provocative question, “Can Nuclear Cardiology Survive the Emergence of Cardiac CT?”; and ASNC leaders will update you on the state of your specialty and your Society.
- Policy: Essential updates on the health policy issues that are changing how clinical care is delivered.
- Research/Abstracts: Put your finger on the pulse of today's research as you explore poster, ePosters, Rapid eFire and the research that made it to the final round of ASNC's young investigator competition.
- Special Sessions: Think outside-the-track with interactive walking tours, discussion of ethical quandaries and a look into the not-too-distant future of machine learning in SPECT MPI applications
- Team-based: Learning: Teams sharing creative and practical solutions to the everyday challenges of clinical practice
- Technology and Techniques: Developed by technologists for technologists, these interactive sessions focus on practical guidance for delivering quality imaging services.
Ready to build your own customized learning experience? Get started with the ASNC2019 Interactive Program Planner, which lets you explore each track by day, topic and speaker. You'll create your own agenda, complete with the sessions, networking and social events that will make your ASNC2019 experience just right for you.
Book your hotel room by August 15, 2019 to receive discounted housing rates!