Welcome to the PatientFirst Resource Center
Your headquarters for educational materials, resources, and how to declare yourself a PatientFirst Imager.
- "Imaging in Chest Pain: A Checklist", a PatientFirst guide for the evaluation and diagnosis of chest pain
- American Medical Association™ Toolkit for Physicians: Preparing for Implementation of the No Surprises Act
- Choosing the Best Test for Your Patient in a Multimodality Imaging Environment: Experts Debate Real-World Cases OnDemand Webinar. Earn 1.5 free CME credits.
- CardiOhio Podcast with guest stars Dennis Calnon, MD, MASNC, and Paul Cremer, MD in "Putting the Chest Pain Guidelines into Practice: Practical Tips from Imaging Experts"
- ASNC Town Hall: Focus on Chest Pain
- Editorial: "ASNC's Thoughts on the AHA/ACC Chest Pain Guidelines"
- President’s Message: The Often-overlooked Elements of PatientFirst Imaging: Focus on Optimal Quality, Including Up-to-date Protocols and Equipment
- "Statement of Principles on the Issue of Multimodality Imaging"
- Press Release: "Cardiovascular Imaging Organizations Denounce Test Substitution, Outline Principles for Patient-centered Noninvasive Testing"
- A Policy Statement on Cardiovascular Test Substitution and Authorization: Principles of Patient-Centered Noninvasive Testing
What is PatientFirst?
ASNC’s PatientFirst campaign is a multi-stage, multifaceted initiative designed to positively impact the conversation about test selection for patients with suspected or confirmed cardiovascular conditions.
Our overarching goal is to ensure that patients receive the right test(s) to address the specific clinical question important for managing their care.
We’ll accomplish this goal by providing you and your team with the resources and tools to become the best imager you can be, offer support to your referring colleagues, and be an effective advocate for patient-centered imaging.
PatientFirst Imaging initiative is based on the principle that no specific test should be considered a first-line test, but rather every diagnostic imaging recommendation should be based on appropriate use and centered on the patient to provide the best clinical information to guide management decisions. We view this initiative as critical to informing multimodality imaging and supporting today’s cardiovascular imaging professionals.
Going forward, PatientFirst will be centric to all ASNC education, clinical documents, quality initiatives, advocacy efforts, and communications.
Access the PatientFirst Tool Kit
- Letter Template for Referrers and Payers Addressing Cardiovascular Test Selection - Download now!
- User-friendly Patient Education Tools
- Test Selection Guide - Coming Soon
Watch These OnDemand PatientFirst Presentations
Nuclear Cardiology and CT in 2021
Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC
Randall C. Thompson, MD, FASNC
Quality Cardiac Testing and the Evolution of AUC
David Wolinsky MD, MS, FASNC
and Larry Phillips, MD, FASNC
A Mandate for Appropriate Use Criteria,
What it Means for You
David Winchester, MD, MS, FASNC
and Rami Doukky, MD, FASNC
Additional PatientFirst Resources
- ASNC Stands For PatientFirst Imaging
- PatientFirst Versus Computed Tomography First Strategy in Testing for Stable Coronary Artery Disease: Dispelling the Prevailing Myths and Biases
- Management and Testing of Ischemic Heart Disease
- The Promise of Nuclear Cardiology
- Prior Authorization and/ or Denial Reporting Form
- CardiOhio Podcast- "Putting the Chest Pain Guidelines into Practice: Practical Tips from Imaging Experts" with guests Dennis Calnon, MD, FASNC , and Paul Cremer, MD
Share why YOU are a #PatientFirst Imager on Twitter and tag @MyASNC so we can retweet! Don't forget to use #PatientFirst in all of your posts. Not on Twitter? You can also upload your video to Facebook or LinkedIn.
Use the images below as your profile header and/or as a social post.
PatientFirst Partners - Become a PatientFirst Champion!
Contact: Megan LaVine, Director of Industry and Development for more information about sponsorships
Contact: Jennifer Taylor Howell, Director of Marketing