Education and Programming
Interactive Program Planner Now Available!
In order to maintain competence and improve performance, imaging professionals must assimilate and integrate knowledge spanning multiple areas, including clinical data, technical aspects of imaging, and appropriate application of imaging (e.g., clinical guidelines and appropriate use criteria). Each of these areas is constantly evolving, particularly as innovative technologies and novel pharmacologic agents are introduced. ASNC2016 is an educational activity designed to help you and other imaging professionals obtain the latest information in clinical practice and review cutting-edge scientific advances in nuclear cardiology and cardiac imaging.
This course is intended for cardiologists, radiologists, nuclear medicine specialists, practice administrators, nuclear technologists, nurses, and other health care professionals with an interest in the field of nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT imaging.
ASNC2016 General Education Needs and Gaps
The overall goal of the meeting is to improve learner knowledge.
After participating in this activity, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved skills in image interpretation and reporting
- Learn how to recognize and minimize technical problems and artifacts that may be associated with cardiac imaging
- Learn the appropriate use of cardiac imaging techniques based on current guidelines
- Evaluate new imaging technologies, software, and stress techniques
- Understand the role of nuclear and cardiac CT imaging in overall patient care
- Learn the importance of balancing radiation exposure with image quality
- Describe future directions in cardiac PET, CT and SPECT/CT in order to anticipate training and equipment needs
- Understand the clinical implication of CT coronary angiography cases and recognize its value and limitations in clinical cardiology
- A scientific forum featuring panel discussions on focused areas of cutting-edge research
- State-of-the-art reviews of the key aspects of nuclear cardiology by the world's experts
- A basic core curriculum addressing practical issues in the performance of nuclear cardiology procedures to include opportunities for maintenance of certification credit
- Scientific sessions on advances in nuclear cardiology
- Ethics session will offer case based scenarios dealing with ethical issues
- Educational track dealing with the pathophysiology of multimodality imaging
- Highlight sessions dealing with clinical value of pharmacologic PET
- Presentations addressing technical issues in nuclear cardiology
- Oral abstracts featuring the latest clinical studies in cardiovascular imaging
- Abstracts of original investigation programmed as eposter presentations
- Commercial exhibits displaying the latest in nuclear cardiology technology and services
- Cost-related information in the practice and business of nuclear cardiology
- Opportunities to convene and interact with experts in all aspects of nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular imaging
- The latest information on health policy reform
The program will include the following tracks to allow attendees to customize their educational experience:
Sessions will include keynote presentations from leaders in the field covering areas such as emerging research, new technology, and advances in treatment.
This track includes sessions covering advances in the field of nuclear cardiology and potential clinical applications for these innovations.
These didactic presentations review topics essential to the effective diagnosis and treatment of heart disease patients using imaging modalities.
These sessions offer an opportunity to learn about multimodality imaging from the international community and how that view may differ from the US-based approach.
Participate in study sessions offering participants the opportunity to weigh in through audience response and discussion with facilitators and fellow participants to identify the most appropriate answers to ABIM approved questions.
Sessions include important applications of nuclear cardiology along with other imaging modalities in current practice to deliver optimal care to patients.
Sessions will offer a broad-based review of the clinical value of pharmacologic PET, radiation exposure, modeling cost effectiveness and other areas.
Policy and Practice
Managing a cardiology practice has never been more challenging. In each presentation, you'll find programming that gets to the heart of today's challenges while preparing you for the cardiology practice of tomorrow.
To include e-poster presentations as well as oral abstracts to include young investigator and featured clinical researchoral presentations.
Technology and Techniques
Sessions are instructive with regard to nuclear cardiology procedures. Information is intended to provide practical information for providing quality imaging services. These sessions are geared for the nuclear cardiology technologist.