Coding Procedures & Reimbursement
Information and updates about coding for nuclear cardiology and other imaging services are listed below. Please visit the Reimbursement section of the ASNC Web site for news related to payment for these services.
Given the numerous changes to billing and coding procedures for nuclear cardiology implemented annually, ASNC offers a series of articles to help practitioners who work with Medicare and private carriers secure appropriate reimbursement for nuclear cardiology services.
Basic Coding Guidance for Billing MPI SPECT - Part 1
Released June 2010
Navigating the reimbursement process can be a challenging task for all physicians. Nuclear cardiology faces unique payment and practice management issues in both the public and private sectors. Click on any of the topics below to find summaries of important developments in nuclear cardiology reimbursement.?
- 2019 MPFS Payment Chart
- 2019 HOPPS Payment Chart
- ASNC HOPPS
- PET Category III 0482T One Pager
- ASNC 2018 MPFS Final Rule
- CY2016 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System Chart
- CY2016 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule Payment Chart
- PET Model Coverage Policy
- SPECT Model Coverage Policy
- ASNC MiBG Letter
- Test Substitution Toolkit