ASNC's Learner Bill of Rights
The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) recognizes that you are a life-long learner who has chosen to engage in continuing medical education to identify or fill a gap in knowledge, skill, or performance. As part of the Society's duty to you as a learner, you have the right to expect that your continuing medical education experience with ASNC will include:
- Promotes improvements or quality in healthcare;
- Is valid, reliable, and accurate;
- Offers balanced presentations that are free of commercial bias for or against a product/service;
- Is vetted through a process that resolves any conflicts of interests of planners, teachers, or authors;
- Is driven and based on learning needs, not commercial interests;
- Addresses the stated objectives or purpose; and
- Is evaluated for its effectiveness in meeting the identified educational need.
A learning environment that:
- Supports learners' ability to meet their individual needs;
- Respects and attends to any special needs of the learners;
- Respects the diversity of groups of learners; and
- Is free of promotional, commercial, and/or sales activities.
- Relevant financial relationships planners, teachers, and authors have with commercial interests related to the content of the activity; and
- Commercial support (funding or in-kind resources of the activity).
For questions or comments related to ASNC's continuing medical education programs and products, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com, or call (301) 215-7575.