We invite you to join a committee or panel to ensure you're getting the most out of your ASNC membership. You'll collaborate with other leaders in your field to advance ASNC's mission, shape programs and events, and develop new resources for your colleagues and patients. Volunteer today!
Review our many options for committee engagement and submit your application by September 18, 2020.
Review our many options for committee engagement and submit your application by September 18, 2020.
- Annual Meeting Program Committee: The Annual Meeting Program Committee is responsible for the content development of the Annual Meeting. The content will align with the structure as defined by the Annual Meeting Strategic Organizing Committee (members of that committee are named for their roles in governance). The content includes, but is not limited to, session topics and formats, individual presentations, and program faculty. The term is one year, from July 1-June 30. The selection of individuals to serve on the Annual Meeting Program Committee is made every spring.
- Cardiovascular PET Committee: the Cardiovascular PET Committee identifies and monitors the cardiovascular PET landscape and emerging issues and member needs. Develops recommendations and action plans for solutions, such as educational programs, guidelines or other resources. Works to develop specific cardiovascular PET tools and resources and coordinate with the appropriate ASNC committees for Board action.
- Education Committee: The Education Committee oversees and coordinates the development and implementation of the Board's overarching and long-term educational strategy, through the integrated, innovative, and collaborative efforts of all ASNC Education Subcommittees. Leaders of the Education Committee will work in close collaboration with members from the Quality Steering Committee to assure appropriate alignment of Education and Quality initiatives inside ASNC.
- Health Policy Committee: The Health Policy Committee is responsible for addressing health policy issues that impact the practice of Nuclear Cardiology including, Federal regulatory relations, Congress, Medicare contractors, private sector payers, the AMA Relative Update Committee, and other cardiovascular specialty societies to promote a fair regulatory, legislative, and reimbursement environment that improves access to, and promotes the optimal delivery of, nuclear cardiology services.
- ImageGuide Registry Research and Publications Committee: The ImageGuide Registry Research and Publications Committee is responsible for reviewing and approving data requests, publications, and presentations of ImageGuide Registry study results. All requests are scrutinized to ensure that publications preserve the scientific integrity of the study and that all publication policies and standards of excellence are upheld.
- International Advisory Panel: The International Advisory Panel is responsible for advising the Society on issues related to international membership development and strategies related to program and product development. The Panel also works to facilitate ASNC relationships globally.
- Member Relations Committee: The Membership Relations Committee is responsible for identifying strategies and tactics to meet the Board's strategic objectives for membership in the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. The Committee identifies membership needs and recommends appropriate programs and services to meet those needs.
- Quality Steering Committee: The Quality Steering Committee oversees and coordinates the development and implementation of the Board's overarching and long-term Quality strategy, through the integrated, innovative, and collaborative efforts of all ASNC Quality Advisory Panels and subcommittees. Leaders of the Quality Steering Committee will work in close collaboration with members from the Education Committee to assure appropriate alignment of Education and Quality initiatives inside ASNC.
- Registry Oversight Committee: The Registry Oversight Committee leads the House of Imaging in the development of a data repository that will serve research, policy and quality improvement initiatives for alignment with lab accreditation and ABIM Maintenance of Certification.
Social Media Task Force Committee: The Committee’s goals are to create platforms that will serve as bridges between the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology and its members to promote education of its members, encourage professional engagement between the members and leaders within the Society, raise awareness amongst members of the Society with regards to several initiatives within the various committees of the Society and to serve as a vehicle to promote the various legislative activities of the Society. The Task Force will also serve as a communication channel for members of the Society to raise awareness of several educational meetings, webinars, research activities or tutorials that are relevant to the field of Nuclear Cardiology. Our overarching goal of this Task Force is to increase membership and member engagement through social media to promote the practice of Nuclear Cardiology globally.
Technologist Advisory Panel: The Technologist Advisory Panel reports to the Membership Relations Committee and is responsible for providing recommendations on programs and services to meet the needs of nuclear cardiology technologists.
- Technology Committee: The Technology Committee is composed of basic scientists, technologists, physicians practicing Nuclear Cardiology, and representatives from industry. The mission of this committee is to identify technical advancements in instrumentation, image processing software, and radiopharmaceuticals that will benefit the advancement of Nuclear Cardiology. The Committee identifies both opportunities and barriers to implementation of these advancements. These efforts will be facilitated by close interaction with industry. They also interface with other ASNC committees (i.e. Education, Quality, Health Care Policy) to best disseminate information and to accomplish these goals.
Thanks to our 2020 Volunteers!
2020 Committee Members
|Taimur Abbasi, MD||Membership Relations|
|Brian Abbott, MD,MASNC||Board of Directors|
|Mouin Abdallah, MD,FASNC||Membership Relations|
|Aiden Abidov, MD, PhD||Education, Quality Steering|
|Niti Aggarwal, MD,FASNC||Membership Relations, Social Media|
|Firas Al Badarin, MD,FASNC||Education|
|Wael Aljaroudi, MD,FASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Mouaz Al-Mallah, MDMS, FASNC||Audit, Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Finance|
|Hamid Amer, MDMB||International Advisory Panel|
|KarthikeyanAnanthasubramaniam, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Education|
|Ian Armstrong, PhD||Technology|
|Parthiban Arumugam, MD,||Cardiovascular PET|
|Majid Assadi, MD,FASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Danny Basso, CNMT, NCY||Technologist Advisory|
|Timothy Bateman, MD, MASNC||Cardiovascular PET|
|Rob Beanlands, MD,MASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Cardiovascular PET, Finance,Nominating|
|Nathan Better, MBBS, FASNC||Education, International Advisory Panel|
|Ron Blankstein, MD,MD, FASNC||ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Technology|
|Stephen Bloom, MD, FASNC||Audit, Board of Directors|
|Catherine Bloor, MBBS||International Advisory Panel|
|Andressa Borges, MD, FASNC||Membership Relations, Registry Oversight|
|Jamieson Bourque, MD, FASNC||Leadership Development Program, Registry|
|Renee Bullock-Palmer, MD, FASNC||Education, Social Media|
|Dennis Calnon, MD, MASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Cardiovascular PET|
|Roxana Campisi, MD||Quality Steering|
|James Case, PhD,MASNC||Board of Directors, Cardiovascular PET, Technology|
|Emmett Chapital, MD, MBA, FASNC||Finance|
|PanithayaChareonthaitawee, MD||Board of Directors, Cardiovascular PET|
|Mary Ciervo, CNMT, RT(N)||Technologist Advisory|
|Sarah Cuddy, MBChB||Technology|
|Dominique Delbeke, MD, PhD,||Registry Oversight|
|E. Gordon DePuey, MD, MASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Marcelo Di Carli, MD, MASNC||Cardiovascular PET, Research Fellowship|
|Vasken Dilsizian, MD, MASNC||Board of Directors, Young Investigator in Cardiac Amyloidosis Fellowship|
|Sanjay Divakaran, MD||Education, Social Media|
|Sharmila Dorbala, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee, International Advisory Panel|
|Rami Doukky, MDMS,FASNC||Board of Directors, Quality Steering, Registry Oversight|
|Regina Druz, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors|
|Timothy Dunn, CNMT|, NMTCB||Board of Directors, Quality Steering, Technologist Advisory|
|W. Lane Duvall, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Health Policy, Registry Oversight|
|Andrew Einstein, MD, PhD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Education, ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Quality Steering, Registry Oversight|
|Shana Elman, MD||International Advisory|
|Jolene Fantony, MS, CNMT, RT(N)||Membership Relations, Technologist Advisory|
|David Friedman, MD,FASNC||Health Policy|
|James Galt, PhD,||Technology|
|Gabriel Grossman, MD, PhD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Membership Relations|
|Fadi Hage, MD,MASNC||Quality Steering, Research Fellowship|
|Matthew Harinstein, MD, FASNC||Education|
|Thomas Hauser, MD, MPH||Finance, Social Media|
|Gary Heller, MD, PhD, MASNC||Cardiovascular PET, Education, ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications|
|Robert Hendel, MD, MASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Edward Hulten, MD, FASNC||Health Policy|
|Guang-Uei Hung, MD||International Advisory Panel|
|Mark Hyun, CNMT, NCT, RT(N)(R), FASNC||Registry Oversight|
|Wael Jaber, MD||Board of Directors, International Advisory Panel, Research Fellowship|
|Diwakar Jain, MD, MASNC||Registry Oversight, Young Investigator in Cardiac Amyloidosis Fellowship|
|Scott Jerome, DO||ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Registry Oversight|
|Jenine John, MD||Audit|
|Friederike Keating, MD||Health Policy|
|Felix Keng, MBBS,FASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Yiu Ming Khor||Quality Steering|
|Vikram Lele, MD,||International Advisory Panel|
|Howard Lewin, MD, FASNC||Audit|
|Jonathan Li, MD||Health Policy|
|Rafael Lopes, MD, PhD||Membership Relations|
|Edward Lyons, CNMT, RT(R)||Technology|
|Maria Mackin, CNMT, RT(N)||Technology|
|ChaitanyaMadamanchi, MD||FIT Work Group|
|Haresh Majmundar, CNMT, RT(N), CNMT, FASNC||Technologist Advisory|
|Saurabh Malhotra, MD, MPH, FASNC||Board of Directors, Health Policy, ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Membership Relations, Quality Steering|
|April Mann, MBA,MASNC||Board of Directors|
|Jennifer Mieres, MD, MASNC||Nominating|
|Edward Miller, MD, PhD, FASNC||ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Quality Steering|
|Ramon Murgueitio, MD,||International Advisory Panel|
|Venkatesh Murthy, MD, PhD, FASNC||ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Quality Steering Committee|
|Fernando Mut, MD||International Advisory Panel|
|Smita Negi, MD||Quality Steering|
|Michael Osborne, MD||Audit, Membership Relations|
|Robert Pagnanelli, CNMT, NCT, RT(N)(R), FASNC||Education, Leadership Development Program, Registry Oversight, Technologist Advisory|
|Shivda Pandey, MD||Education|
|Krishna Patel, MD||Cardiovascular PET|
|Lawrence Phillips, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Education, Leadership Development Program|
|Donna Polk, MDMPH|,FASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee|
|Indu Poornima, MD||Finance|
|Krishnan Prabakaran, CNMT, NCT||Technologist Advisory|
|Meghana Prabhu S, MDMB||International Advisory Panel|
|Terrence Ruddy, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Education|
|Raymond Russell, MD, PhD, III, MASNC||Board of Directors, Education, International Advisory Panel, Nominating, Research Fellowship|
|Mehran Sadeghi, MD||Research Fellowship|
|Sudip Saha, MD||Membership Relations|
|Aldo Schenone, MD||Finance|
|MatthewSchumaecker, MD, MBA, FASNC||Health Policy|
|Ronald Schwartz, MDMS, MD, MASNC||Board of Directors|
|Maria Sciammarella, MD||Board of Directors, Leadership Development Program, Young Investigator in Cardiac Amyloidosis Fellowship|
|Nishant Shah, MD, MPH, FASNC||Health Policy, ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Quality Steering|
|Vasvi Singh, MD||FIT Work Group, Quality Steering|
|Albert Sinusas, MD, FASNC||Technology, Young Investigator in Cardiac Amyloidosis Fellowship|
|Hicham Skali, MDMS||Education, Registry Oversight|
|Piotr Slomka, PhD,||Young Investigator in Cardiac Amyloidosis Fellowship|
|Gary Small, MBChB, PhD||Membership Relations|
|Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Health Policy, ImageGuide Registry Research & Publications, Research Fellowship, Nominating|
|Brett Sperry, MD||Social Media|
|William Sticka, CNMT, RT(N)||Technologist Advisory|
|Gregory Thomas, MD, MPH, MASNC||International Advisory|
|Randall Thompson, MD, FASNC||Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Education, International Advisory Panel, Nominating|
|William Van Decker, MD, MASNC||Health Policy|
|Vikas Veeranna, MD||Health Policy|
|Maria Joao Vidigal Ferreira, MD, PhD||International Advisory Panel|
|Richard Weinberg, MD, PhD, FASNC||Health Policy|
|Randal White, MD||Registry Oversight|
|Christiane Wiefels Reis, MD||Membership Relations|
|David Winchester, MD, FASNC||Health Policy|
|David Wolinsky, MD,MASNC||Health Policy|
|Keiichiro Yoshinaga, MD, PhD, FASNC||Membership Relations|
|Maria Cecilia Ziadi,MD, FASNC||International Advisory Panel|
|Barbara Ziegner, CNMT, NCT, FASNC||Health Policy|