Advocacy Alert: Ask Congress to Remove Barrier to Timely Access to Care
ASNC has endorsed bipartisan legislation pending in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives that would address one of the most administratively burdensome and costly issues for physicians: prior authorization.
If passed, the Improving Seniors' Timely Access to Care Act (H.R. 3173/S. 3018) would increase transparency and streamline prior authorization in the Medicare Advantage (MA) program by –
- Establishing an electronic prior authorization (ePA) program and requiring MA plans to adopt ePA capabilities;
- Requiring the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish a list of items and services eligible for real-time decisions under an MA ePA program;
- Standardizing and streamlining the prior authorization process for routinely approved items and services;
- Ensuring prior authorization requests are reviewed by qualified medical personnel;
- Increasing transparency around MA prior authorization and its use; and
- Protecting beneficiaries from any disruptions in care due to prior authorization requirements as they transition between MA plans.
Lawmakers need to hear from their constituents about why the Improving Seniors' Timely Access to Care Act is important.
Take a moment today to email to your members of Congress. Ask them to cosponsor this important legislation. With ASNC's Action Center, communicating with your elected representatives is quick and easy.
CONTACT CONGRESS NOW