Staying Afloat Despite COVID-19: How-to Information for Practices
If your practice's volumes have plummeted and you're worried about how you'll stay afloat while continuing to employ your team, be sure to watch ASNC's “Virtual Visits: Utilizing Technology to Drive Patient Care & Appropriate Use.”
- Regina Druz, MD, FASNC, detailing how to deliver telehealth so that your patients receive quality care and explaining how to begin a telehealth program.
- ASNC Health Policy Director Georgia Lawrence, JD, explaining how to bill for telehealth services with special attention to telehealth expansion during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Stay tuned to ASNC.org for updated information as it evolves.)
- Health Policy Strategist Camille Bonta, MHS, on the difficult financial realities that practices are facing. She walks you through key CARES Act provisions and other programs that could be a lifeboat for practices. You'll learn about how the following programs/funds work, how to apply, and why it's important to act quickly:
- Payroll Protection Program,
- Economic Industry Disaster Loans,
- Public Health & Social Services Emergency Fund, and
- The Accelerated & Advance Payment Program.
In his role as webinar moderator, ASNC Health Policy Committee Chair David Wolinsky, MD, MASNC, asked questions on everyone's minds, including whether relief is on the way for hospitals, which are suffering significant financial hardship with the influx of high-utilization COVID-19 patients amid the loss of other reimbursable tests and treatments.
“While the focus is, as it should be, on taking care of today's patients and managing the pandemic, there are troubling realities waiting for us when we emerge from the COVID-19 crisis,” Dr. Wolinsky says. “The information in this webinar will be of significant help for everyone in healthcare. I urge you to watch it and share it with your team, including your coders and practice administrators.”
ACCESS THE WEBINAR