In the News: Media Cite ASNC's Cardiac Amyloidosis Resources
Now on Diagnostic and Interventional Cardiology (DAIC), a new, in-depth feature that details how to diagnose cardiac amyloidosis cardiomyopathy using 99mTc-PYP imaging. Authored by Christopher A. Hanson, MD, and Jamieson M. Bourque, MD, MHS, “Nuclear Scintigraphy for Cardiac Amyloidosis Assessment in Current Clinical Practice”explains the causes of this underdiagnosed condition and predicts that 99mTc-PYP imaging will play an “important noninvasive role in the evaluation of cardiac amyloidosis, which will ultimately impact prognosis, therapy, response to therapy and genetic counseling.” The article also points readers to ASNC's growing library of cardiac amyloidosis resources, including Practice Points and archived webinars.
More Cardiac Amyloidosis Resources in the ASNC Pipeline: Register ASAP
In addition to accessing the cardiac amyloidosis already available at ASNC.org, you're invited to participate in these upcoming educational programs:
- Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019, at noon (Eastern U.S. time): “Clinical Application of Tc-99m PYP Imaging in Suspected Cardiac Amyloidosis” —a 30-minute, case-based webinar moderated by Dr. Bourque and Sabahat Bokhari, MD. Register.
- Sept. 12-15, 2019, in Chicago: A variety of ASNC2019 sessions will highlight the latest advances in the cardiac amyloidosis diagnosis and treatment. For example:
- Image-based Case Management: Getting to the Heart of the Matter—Cardiac Amyloidosis Nuclear Scans in Practice
- Amyloidosis Imaging: Bones, Old Dogs and New Tricks—highlighting the new ASNC/Multisocietal Consensus Recommendations on Bone Scintigraphy for Diagnosis of Cardiac Amyloidosis
- Case-based Cardiac Amyloid PYP Imaging: ASNC Guidelines vs. Institutional Protocols
- Cases with the Aces: SPECT as a Work Horse for a Nuclear Lab—Perfusion and Amyloid
For more information about ASNC2019's comprehensive nuclear cardiology program, with its 40 concurrent sessions and 12 tracks, download the Preliminary Program and peruse the Interactive Program Planner.
REGISTER FOR ASNC2019.