ASNC's Most Valuable Member Benefit Works 24/7; Apply for Yours Today
Membership at ASNC provides a variety of benefits designed to help you improve your nuclear cardiology practice.Your membership gives you access to internationally respected guidelines, the highest-quality education and timely advocacy. But are you taking advantage of the benefit that works for you around-the-clock?
Have you upgraded your membership to Fellowship? And, if so, are you employing your FASNC designation to communicate your commitment to optimal imaging and nuclear cardiology practice?
Not yet? It's time to get started!
What Is FASNC?
The FASNC designation stands for Fellow of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, and it is the single best way to signal to your peers, mentors, referring providers, hospital/practice administrators, patients and the general public that you have been recognized by ASNC, the professional society exclusively focused on excellence in nuclear cardiology.
By earning your FASNC and displaying it prominently, you'll be communicating –
- That you are dedicated to the highest standards for patient care
- That you are committed to staying up-to-date on the latest advances in the field, including selection of the right tests for the right patients at the right time and in the right settings
- That you are a savvy consumer of information and tools, because continued fellowship in ASNC means automatic receipt of benefits, including --
- Journal of Nuclear Cardiology and other publications,
- Guidelines and standards documents,
- Deep discounts on ASNC's huge compendium of educational programs and
- Access to ASNC's member-only website, featuring the Advocacy Action Center, ImageGuide Registry and expert help with coding and reimbursement questions
Once you've earned ASNC Fellowship, you'll want to display your FASNC everywhere your name appears, right alongside your medical credentials. For example:
- Your CV or resume
- The doors, placards and any practice/hospital signage where your name appears
- Your practice or hospital website
- Your business card
- Your signature line – in all correspondence, such as letters and emails
- Your byline – anywhere you are listed as an author, contributor or speaker
- Your LinkedIn and other social media profiles
Earning ASNC Fellowship is a major career achievement that opens doors for ASNC's physician, scientist, technologist and physicist members. Here are just a few reasons members value their FASNC:
“FASNC carries with it a special stamp of someone who has completed formal training in nuclear cardiology and passed the certification examination to demonstrate competency. All FASNC applications are reviewed and approved by the Board of Directors, which is a testament of value of the designation.
FASNC helps me identify the commitment to quality and excellence that I seek when I look for other nuclear cardiologists with expertise. I encourage physicians practicing nuclear cardiology to achieve the FASNC designation, identifying them as an integral part of the nuclear cardiology community and demonstrating their commitment to high-quality nuclear cardiology practice.” – Karthik Ananthasubramaniam, MD, FASNC
“Becoming a designated Fellow of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology has been extremely rewarding and has led to exponential career growth and promotion. … [It] has opened up an entire world of access not only to important clinically relevant documents such as Practice Points and JNC but also has enabled me to apply for several programs, such as the Leadership Development Program.” – Renee Bullock-Palmer, MD, FASNC
“As a technologist, I feel the FASNC designation reflects my dedication to the field. I sought this distinction to demonstrate the pride and commitment I have for my chosen professional. The FASC is widely recognized within the nuclear cardiology community and has allowed me to be noticed when compared to my peers.” – April Mann, CNMT, MBA, NCT, RT(N), MASNC.
Being recognized as an ASNC Fellow is an event, one we celebrate at the Annual Scientific Sessions. Be sure to complete the FASNC application process promptly to ensure you'll be honored at ASNC2018, Sept. 6-9, in San Francisco.