Prep Time: Get Ready for Certification/Recertification with ASNC's Board Preparation Course
More than 80 percent of survey-respondents who attended ASNC's 2016 Nuclear Cardiology Board Preparation Course predicted the program would help them improve the quality of the care they deliver. It's also the go-to course for physicians planning to take the CBNC exam, says Karthikeyan Ananthasubramaniam, MD, FASNC, who directs the course with E. Lindsey Tauxe, CNMT, MEd, FASNC. The Board Preparation Course will convene in Kansas City, Mo., Sept. 13-14, just before ASNC2017 kicks off Sept. 14.“The back-to-back combination of ASNC's Board Prep Course and the annual meeting are the ideal CME experience for any physician who is planning to take the certification or recertification exam in nuclear cardiology,” says Dr. Ananthasubramaniam. “At the Board Prep, attendees will participate in a comprehensive review of the CBNC blueprint exam, including four practice tests.”
Practicing nuclear cardiologists who are not slated to take the exam will benefit from the course as well, he adds. “We'll be covering all of the important updates in the field, making the program an excellent refresher for all nuclear cardiology clinicians.”
The program directors have built in extra time for Q&A and discussion to ensure “as much time as possible to engage with the audience,” Dr. Ananthasubramaniam says.
Physicians who participate in the Board Prep Course will be ready to–
- Appraise knowledge of physics and instrumentation associated with nuclear imaging
- Explain image acquisition and processing, including artifacts
- Describe risk stratification
- Integrate radiation safety standards into professional practice
- Discuss the use of nuclear imaging in assessment viability
- Interpret perfusion images, including PET and ventricular function imaging
- Use perfusion imaging in the assessment, diagnosis and response to therapy in coronary artery disease patients and use SPECT and PET for non-coronary diagnostic applications in special populations
New this year: Physicians can earn MOC credits for both the Board Prep Course and ASNC2017.
Learn more about ASNC2017