Board Exam Prep Course
Save the Date!
Sept. 13-14 | Sheraton Kansas City Hotel | Kansas City, MO
ASNC Members: Please log-in first then click-on the ASNC2017 Register image to receive your discount
This course is designed for physicians preparing for the certification or recertification exam in nuclear cardiology as well as physicians interested in a broad review in nuclear cardiology topics.The overall goal of this activity is to enhance physician competence by providing a comprehensive review of the CBNC blueprint exam in nuclear cardiology, including the most up-to-date information, developments, treatment protocols, methodology, and best test for the right patient at the right time to optimize patient outcomes in their nuclear cardiology practice.
Sheraton Kansas City Hotel
Crown Center, 2345 McGee St
Kansas City, MO 64108
CreditsASNC designates this live activity for a maximum of 19* AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
NEW! 19 MOC credits offered.
*Subject to Change
Program Highlights Include:
- Case-based clinical lecture format
- Read with the Experts sessions
- Mock exams
- Discounted rates on Nuclear Cardiology
- Board Prep 2017 On Demand
- Opportunity for self-assessmen with Audience Response System
Program ObjectivesThe primary objectives of the course are to enable participants to:
- Appraise knowledge of physics and instrumentation associated with nuclear imaging
- Explain image acquisition and processing, including artifacts
- Describe risk stratification
- Integrate radiation safety standards into professional practice
- Discuss the use of nuclear imaging in assessment viability
- Interpret perfusion images, including PET and ventricular function imaging
- Utilize perfusion imaging in the assessment, diagnosis and response to therapy in CAD patients and special populations
Production of Radionuclides and Radiopharmaceuticals
Stress Testing, Image Interpretation and Protocols
Technical Aspects of Acquisition and Processing
Gated Perfusion SPECT
Radionuclide Ventricular Function Imaging
Instrumentation Quality Control
The Basics of Radiation Safety
Assessment of Myocardial Viability, Including PET
In addition, there will be four practice tests.
FacultyCo-Chairs: Karthikeyan Ananthasubramaniam, MD, FASNC and E. Lindsey Tauxe, CNMT, MEd, FASNC
E. Gordon DePuey, MD, MASNC
Sharmila Dorbala, MD, FASNC
Robert Pagnanelli, BSRT(R)(N), CNMT, NCT, FASNC
Prem Soman, MD, PhD, FASNC
Raymond Taillefer, MD
Jason Tavel, MS
Accreditation and Continuing Education Credit:Physicians: The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology designates this live activity for a maximum of 19* AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
*Subject to change when program is finalized