The Cardiac PET Resource Center offers curated resources to enhance your learning and training.
Clinical Applications of PET Imaging:
A new case will be released every month to help advance knowledge and improve patient care. Follow @MyASNC and #CVNuc on Twitter and join the conversation with your colleagues and the authors.
Improving Patient Care One Case at a Time
NEW - Members now have exclusive access to the PET case archives.
- NEW! Cardiac PET Intensive Virtual Workshop - Dec. 4-6
- Seats are limited to 75 and filling up fast!
- Visit ASNC Webinars and our portal of online CME/CE for the latest on demand content.
PET Clinical Guidelines and Quality Standards Documents
Practice Points (member-only resource: Log-in to access)
Positron Emission Tomography Assessment of Myocardial Viability
PET Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
Cardiac F-18 FDG PET
Information and Position Statements
- Status of Cardiovascular PET Radiation Exposure and Strategies for Reduction: An Information Statement from the Cardiovascular PET Task Force - 2017
- Clinical Quantiﬁcation of Myocardial Blood Flow Using PET: Joint Position Paper of the SNMMI Cardiovascular Council and the ASNC - 2017
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging Joint Position Statement on the Clinical Indications for Myocardial Perfusion PET - 2016
Quick Reference Guides
- How to Use the New Absolute Quantitation of Myocardial Blood Flow Code
- ASNC, Partner Groups Submit Comments on Cardiac PET Reimbursement to CMS
- Myocardial PET Spared Drastic Payment Cuts for 2020
- Latest News on our Blog
- Archived Webinar- Coding for Myocardial Blood Flow in PET - 2018
- Model Coverage Policy for PET- 2014
This document is intended as a model coverage policy for cardiac positron emission tomography (PET) imaging studies and delineates under which clinical situations such a study is indicated. This document examines a variety of patient clinical indications and symptoms which support the use of cardiac PET by cross-referencing the indication with the appropriate use criteria (AUC) for radionuclide studies developed by the American College of Cardiology (ACC)/American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) in 2005 and subsequently revised in 2009. In addition, the use of cardiac PET in patients with the indications delineated in the policy is supported by references to an abundance of the literature in the provided scenarios. Finally, we have provided the International Classification of Diseases (ICD)-9 codes which correlate to each of the indications to demonstrate which codes, or ranges of codes, are appropriate for each clinical indication.
Visit our curated database of published references put together by a team of experts to support the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) and Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) Joint Position Statement on the Clinical Indications for Myocardial Perfusion PET.