Future Leaders: The Next Generation of Nuclear Cardiology
SEPT. 14 & 28, 2023
VIEW THE AGENDA
The 2023 Application Period is Now Closed.
Apply today for Future Leaders: The Next Generation of Nuclear Cardiology, a program designed for trainees who are fellows-in-training, medical students, and residents specializing in cardiology and nuclear medicine or who have an interest in cardiovascular imaging and nuclear cardiology.
Future Leaders provides a unique opportunity to meet trailblazers in nuclear cardiology, connect with peers with similar interests and take home insights that could jump-start your career as a multimodality imager.
Please note the program's intimate setting limits participation to only 25 carefully selected individuals.
The Future Leaders program will feature both virtual and in-person components
- The virtual program will occur on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023, from 6:00 – 7:00 PM EDT with a Keynote address by Dr. Sharmila Dorbala.
- The in-person program will be held at ASNC2023 in Toronto, Canada, from 3:00 – 7:00 PM on Thursday, Sept. 28, 2023.
To demonstrate its commitment to the future, the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology Board of Directors welcomes applications to participate in the 2023 Future Leaders: The Next Generation of Nuclear Cardiology event. The ASNC leadership is dedicated to inspiring and supporting trainees and cardiology fellows considering a career in cardiac imaging. This exciting program will bring together cardiology fellows with a strong interest in multi-modality cardiovascular imaging to trailblazers and thought leaders in the field. The Co-Chairs are Donna Polk, MD, MPH, MASNC; Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC; and Randall Thompson, MD, MASNC. Together with other prominent leaders, they will present perspectives and advice from their career experiences. Question and Answer Roundtables and small group Breakout Sessions have been designed to foster personal interaction between participants and faculty. Time has been allocated for networking as the program concludes with a reception with the faculty, Board of Directors, and future leaders on Thursday, September 28.
Featured topics include –
- Building a career
- Connecting with mentors
- Developing leadership skills and resilience
- Achieving work-life balance
- Transitioning from fellowship to faculty
- Be or become a Member of ASNC – Trainee membership is free so join now!
- Submit a brief statement (400 words or fewer) describing your cardiology fellowship status as well as your interest in and motivation for attending this symposium. Please note your Training Director in your statement.
- A copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Expose trainees and cardiology fellows to established leaders in nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular imaging
- Introduce role models and foster mentoring relationships between leaders and fellows interested in cardiovascular imaging
- Explore various career paths in cardiovascular imaging