Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT for Fellows-in-Training
Fellows-in-Training may become members of ASNC for free to support their career throughout the year. Learn more!
Mouaz Al-Mallah, MD, MSc, FASNC, FSCCT
Houston Methodist Hospital
- Recognize the proper application of the ACC/ASNC AUC across a variety of patients
- Employ optimal methodology to acquire, process, interpret, and report nuclear cardiology studies
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new protocols and imaging technologies and how to incorporate these into clinical practice
- Review and improve interpretation skills in standard and emerging technologies in nuclear cardiology
- Recognize how to utilize clinical practice guidelines to enhance performance, document compliance, and improve clinical management Analyze and update the basic physiological approach to stress testing and perfusion imaging
- Review the role of radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary artery disease
- Evaluate the role of complementary myocardial imaging techniques including cardiovascular computed tomography
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc.