Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT for Fellows-in-Training
2019 Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac CT for Fellows-in-Training program will be held immediately prior to the start of the ACC.19: Annual Scientific Session in New Orleans, La. This exclusive event is hosted by the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) and will be held at Marriott New Orleans Downtown Convention Center hotel. The FIT program will provide you a better understanding of the role of nuclear cardiology imaging and cardiac CT in a variety of cardiac conditions to ensure appropriate use when they enter clinical practice. The program provides important background information and clinical insights from experts from which fellows and other health care professionals can pursue a more in-depth understanding of nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT.
Plus, networking receptions to follow.
Venue:Marriott New Orleans Downtown Convention Center
859 Convention Center Blvd.
New Orleans, LA United States 70130
- Recognize the proper application of the ACC/ASNC AUC across a variety of patients
- Employ optimal methodology to acquire, process, interpret, and report nuclear cardiology studies
- Evaluate the benefits and risks of new protocols and imaging technologies and how to incorporate these into clinical practice
- Review and improve interpretation skills in standard and emerging technologies in nuclear cardiology
- Recognize how to utilize clinical practice guidelines to enhance performance, document compliance, and improve clinical management Analyze and update the basic physiological approach to stress testing and perfusion imaging
- Review the role of radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging in the diagnosis and prognosis of coronary artery disease
- Evaluate the role of complementary myocardial imaging techniques including cardiovascular computed tomography
New session this year: "Nuclear Cardiology in Sarcoidosis and Amyloidosis"
Program Director:Mouaz Al-Mallah, MD, MSc, FASNC
Houston Methodist Hospital
This event is not part of ACC.19, as planned by its Program Committee, and does not qualify for continuing medical education (CME), continuing nurse education (CNE) or continuing education (CE) credit.
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Astellas Pharma Global Development, Inc.Please note: due to ACCME guidelines we are unable to provide lunch.
Fellows-in-Training Program Cancellation Policy