As an accredited provider of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology (ASNC) adheres to the ACCME’s 2005 Standards for Commercial Support. In compliance with these standards, it is ASNC’s policy to ensure balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific merit in all of its educational activities through the disclosure of relevant financial relationship with commercial companies and resolution of conflicts of interest. The financial interest or relationships requiring disclosure are outlined in ASNC’s CME Conflict of Interest Policy. All planners and presenters involved with this activity were required to disclose any relevant financial relationships. The American Society of Nuclear Cardiology has reviewed this activity’s faculty disclosures and resolved or managed all identified conflicts of interest through a peer review process.
The following planners, presenters, faculty and staff reported no financial relationships:
- Meridith Phillips
- Cathlin Bowman
The following planners, presenters, faculty and staff reported financial relationships:
- Brian Abbott, MD: Speakers’ Bureau & Advisory Board- Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
- James Arrighi, MD: Speakers’ Bureau- Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
- Gordon E. DePuey, MD: Grant Research Support- UltraSPECT Ltd., Astellas Pharma US, Inc., Digirad Inc., Michael J. Fox Foundation; Consultant- UltraSPECT Ltd.; Speakers’ Bureau- Cardinal Health; Advisory Board- UltraSPECT Ltd., Trovis Pharmaceutical; Honoraria- Digirad Inc.
- April Mann, CNMT, RT(N), NCT: Honoraria- Astellas Pharma US, Inc., Bracco Diagnostics, Inc.
- Leslee Shaw, PhD: Grant Research Support- GE Healthcare, Bracco Diagnostics Inc., CV Therapeutics
- Jack Ziffer, MD: Major Stock Shareholder- Spectrum Dynamics; Consultant- Lantheus
- John Goodale: Consultant- Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
- Maggie Coe: Consultant- Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
ASNC POLICY ON OFF-LABEL USE
Presentations may include discussion of drugs or devices, or uses of drugs or devices, that have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or have been approved by the FDA for specific uses only. The FDA has stated that it is the responsibility of the physician to determine the FDA clearance status of each drug or device he or she wishes to use in clinical practice. ASNC is committed to the free exchange of medical education. Inclusion of any discussion in this program, including discussion on off-label uses, does not imply an endorsement by ASNC of the uses, products or techniques presented. Presenters are required to disclose to the learners, if there is any off-label usage within the presentation.