Future Leaders of Nuclear Cardiology
Future Leaders of Nuclear Cardiology:
Pathways to Career Success in Nuclear Cardiology and Cardiac Imaging
Nov. 1-2 | McLean Va. (Washington, DC Metro Area)
Approved Applicants Receive Paid Travel Expenses and Complimentary Registration
Inform the career decisions you’ll soon be making towards your path to leadership.
Our new Future Leaders of Nuclear Cardiology is an intense, one-and-a-half-day experience that leverages ASNC’s Learn-Network-Lead approach to supporting the career aspirations of young cardiologists. ASNC initiatives such as this, support the advancement and sustainability of the field by providing increased educational opportunities and exposure to leaders in the field for young physicians.
Marcelo Di Carli, MD
Harvard Medical School
Prem Soman, MD, PhD, MASNC
University of Pittsburgh
Randall Thompson, MD, FASNC
Saint Luke’s Health System
They’ll share the lessons they’ve learned during their 30+ year career, including insights on topics such as—
- Career prospects in ischemic heart disease and molecular imaging: Tools you’ll need to succeed
- Nuclear cardiology as the optimal pathway for multimodality imagers
- How to be an innovation leader: Starting a PET lab & more
- Are you ready to bring value to your new job? Tips to try, temptations to resist
- Building the bridge from fellow to attending
- Finding funding for your investigation
- How to choose the right research topic for you
- Your first job – Find, Fit, Flourish
Purpose:To assemble a select group of early career professionals committed to a career in cardiac imaging to help foster their pursuits as future leaders in the field of imaging and nuclear cardiology.
- To expose early career professionals to established thought leaders in nuclear cardiology.
- To create role models for the early career professionals and establish mentoring relationships with established leaders in heart failure.
- To provide focused, state of the art updates related to advances in the field with ample opportunity for discussion.
- To raise awareness of current and future challenges in the implementation of best practices in cardiac imaging.
- To develop successful career paths for those interested in:
- Cardiac imaging
- Clinical Practice
- Clinical investigation
- Basic and translational science
- Multimodality imaging
Physicians Application Requirements:
- Member of ASNC (if accepted to attend)
- Current cardiology fellow in one of the following scenarios:
- Current cardiology fellow at an ACGME accredited institution
- A general cardiology fellow committed to pursuing a career in cardiac imaging
- A general cardiology fellow interested nuclear cardiology
Meeting Location:The Ritz-Carlton
1700 Tysons Blvd.
McLean, VA 22102
Thank You to Our Sponsors!
Gold Level: Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
Silver Level: Bracco Diagnostics Inc.