Board Exam Prep Course Program Overview
- Core didactics for Nuclear Cardiology Boards
- Cases with the experts, PET and SPECT
- Focused Topics: SPECT Viability, 99mTc PYP Imaging, and Nuclear Integration in Multimodality Imaging
- Four practice exams for a total of 165 questions, including faculty review and answer explanation discussion tailored to participant responses
- Opportunity for self-assessment
- Earn up to 31* AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 31* MOC points
- All Board Prep registrations include 2022 Board Prep OnDemand.
- Access the content through Sept. 18, 2024 (you can claim credits through Sept. 18, 2023).
Here's How It Works:Set Your Own Pace:
- You will have access to 20 pre-recorded sessions tailored to the CBNC exam blueprint.
- Watch the presentations and take four practice tests at your own pace.
- Practice-exam questions are answered by Board Prep faculty in the live virtual sessions.
- SPECT and PET cases highlight key points needed for the Boards and daily practice. Attendees' case questions are answered during the live virtual sessions.
- During the recorded virtual-live sessions (September 17 & 18), experts walk through each exam question, explain the correct and incorrect answers, and answer participant questions.
- During the special Board Prep Q&A Town Hall, attendees take the virtual stage, posing questions to the assembled faculty. During "Ask anything," Dr. Bourque and Dr. Ananthasubramaniam respond. The faculty address submitted questions and any additional attendee questions.
- Apply nuclear cardiovascular imaging physics and instrumentation
- Explain image acquisition and processing considerations and identify associated artifacts
- Discuss the production and management of radionuclides and radiopharmaceuticals
- Incorporate patient-centered imaging principles and appropriate use considerations in nuclear cardiology and stress procedure selection
- Incorporate risk stratification into selection and application of nuclear cardiology studies
- Integrate radiation safety standards into professional nuclear cardiology practice
- Apply nuclear imaging tools in assessment of myocardial viability and cardiac amyloidosis
- Understand the basics of positron emission tomography (PET) imaging for myocardial perfusion and metabolic viability and sarcoidosis assessment
- Interpret SPECT and PET perfusion and metabolic images and ventricular function imaging
- Utilize myocardial perfusion imaging in the assessment, diagnosis, and response to therapy in patients with known or suspected coronary artery disease and special populations
- Appropriately identify non-cardiac findings on SPECT and PET-CT cardiovascular imaging studies
- Integrate nuclear cardiology into the multimodality imaging evaluation of cardiovascular disease
Need more nuclear cardiology credits?
Find the latest OnDemand courses, webinars, journal articles and more at the ASNC Education All-Access platform!
*Credits subject to change.