Research Fellowship Awards
Receive $50,000 for your research project to advance your career and the field of nuclear cardiology!A major objective of Institute for the Advancement of Nuclear Cardiology (IANC) Research Award program is to help individuals initiate a career in nuclear cardiology research. The Award is also intended to assist new investigators in performing research that will add important new information to the cardiac imaging literature. This award is an opportunity for the grantee to obtain important research in areas that will advance the field of nuclear cardiology.
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals who hold a MD, PhD, or equivalent degree who are post-doctoral fellows or faculty within the first three years of appointment who intend to pursue an academic career in nuclear cardiology.
- All trainees are eligible; with exception of those with prior independent investigator awards (e.g., NIH, R01). Queries regarding eligibility are encouraged as individual circumstances will be considered.
- The applicant may not have current funding from another grant to supplement their work.
Due Dates and Review Process:Applications must be submitted for review by January 31, 2018 Awards will be announced by Spring 2018, and grant will be awarded by Fall 2018. All applications will be reviewed by the Research Grants Committee on the quality and research potential of the applicant, the quality of the mentor and training environment, and the scientific merit, originality, relevance of the work to nuclear cardiology and relevant fields.
Award:The IANC will fund one (1) research project for $50,000 for one year.
- All applications must have appropriate institutional regulatory approvals (Human Studies Committee (HSC), Animal Studies, etc.) before funds may be released.
- Grantees must submit a brief progress report every 6 months describing the progress toward completing their proposed aims as well as interim publications. Grantees will be expected to report the results of their work with their mentor during an educational session at the 2019 ASNC Scientific Session. All publications should acknowledge the IANC Research Award.
- It is expected that the Grantee will use the full amount of funding awarded during the one-year term of the award. All unexpended funds at the end of the term will be returned to the IANC. Extensions or changes to the terms of the award (length of funding period and budget) will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
Deadline is January 31, 2018
For more information, contact Alison Bondurant at email@example.com or 301-215-7575 ext. 206