Research Fellowship Awards
New Research Fellowship Award Established: Winner Receives $50,000 in Project Funding!The Institute for the Advancement of Nuclear Cardiology (IANC) invites early-career nuclear cardiology investigators to apply for $50,000 in research funding project. The IANC Research Fellowship Award was established to encourage and support careers in nuclear cardiology research while growing the science of cardiac imaging and advancing the speciality.
"This new award will help to support a promising young researcher in the field of nuclear cardiology." says ASNC 2017 President Raymond R. Russell, MD, PhD, MASNC, "We hope that this funding will help the recipient perform innovative research that will take nuclear cardiology to the next level."
Who is Eligible?
- Individuals who hold a MD, PhD, or equivalent degree who are post-doctoral fellows or faculty within the first three years of appointment who intend to pursue an academic career in nuclear cardiology.
- All trainees are eligible; with exception of those with prior independent investigator awards (e.g., NIH, R01). Queries regarding eligibility are encouraged as individual circumstances will be considered.
- The applicant may not have current funding from another grant to supplement their work.
Due Dates and Review Process:Applications must be submitted for review by January 31, 2018. Awards will be announced by Spring 2018, and grant will be awarded by Fall 2018. All applications will be reviewed by the Research Grants Committee on the quality and research potential of the applicant, the quality of the mentor and training environment, and the scientific merit, originality, relevance of the work to nuclear cardiology and relevant fields.
Award:The IANC will fund one (1) research project for $50,000 for one year.
- All applications must have appropriate institutional regulatory approvals (Human Studies Committee (HSC), Animal Studies, etc.) before funds may be released.
- Grantees must submit a brief progress report every 6 months describing the progress toward completing their proposed aims as well as interim publications. Grantees will be expected to report the results of their work with their mentor during an educational session at the 2019 ASNC Scientific Session. All publications should acknowledge the IANC Research Award.
- It is expected that the Grantee will use the full amount of funding awarded during the one-year term of the award. All unexpended funds at the end of the term will be returned to the IANC. Extensions or changes to the terms of the award (length of funding period and budget) will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
All Applications must be received at ASNC Headquarters by January 31, 2018.
For more information, contact Alison Bondurant at email@example.com or 301-215-7575 ext. 206