Nuclear Cardiology for Fellows-in-Training Program
Friday, March 28, 2014
***This complimentary program for Fellows will be held immediately preceding the ACC.14 Annual Meeting***
Program Agenda (Coming Soon!)
The purpose of this program is to provide Fellows-in-Training (FITs) with a better understanding of nuclear cardiology. The program does not offer extensive training or certification in the field.
All Fellows-in-Training in cardiology, nuclear medicine, and radiology are encouraged to attend this complimentary program, which will be held immediately preceding the American College of Cardiology ACC.14 Annual Meeting on Friday, March 28, 2014, in Washington, DC.
The primary objectives of this course are to enable participants to:
- Recognize the proper application of the ACC/ASNC appropriate use criteria across a variety of patients;
- Employ optimal methodology to acquire, process, interpret, and report nuclear cardiology studies;
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of new protocols and imaging technologies and how to incorporate these into clinical practice;
- Review and improve interpretation skills in standard and emerging technologies in nuclear cardiology;
- Recognize how to utilize clinical guidelines to enhance performance, document compliance, and improve clinical management;
- Analyze and update the basic physiological approach to stress testing and perfusion imaging;
- Review the role of radionuclide myocardial perfusion imaging for the diagnosis of coronary artery disease; and
- Evaluate the role of complementary myocardial imaging techniques.
Mouaz H. Al-Mallah, MD, FASNC (Program Co-Chair)
Wayne State University & King Abdul-Aziz Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Accreditation & Continuing Education Credit
No continuing education (CE), continuing medical education (CME), or continuing nursing education (CNE) credits are given for this course.
The program will be held in Washington, DC (exact location to be determined). ASNC has not set aside a room block for this program.
Registration for this course is complimentary for all Fellows attending the ACC.14 Annual Meeting! Although there are no registration fees for this program, those interested in attending are highly advised to pre-register to reserve a space in this course. REGISTER ONLINE for this program now!
ASNC is pleased to provide online electronic access to all syllabus materials at no additional charge to attendees. This full-size, full-color set of slides is available for your review approximately one week prior to the course. All registered attendees will receive an e-mail with instructions on how to access the syllabus. Attendees may download and print the syllabus prior to the course and are encouraged to bring their laptop in order to access the syllabus during the course. Please note that wireless Internet service will not be available in the conference room for this program.
Acknowledgment of Commercial Support
This activity is supported an educational grant from Astellas Pharma US, Inc.
*This event is not part of the official ACC Annual Scientific Session & Expo, as planned by their Program Committees. This event does not qualify for continuing medical education (CME), continuing nursing education (CNE) or continuing education (CE) credit.