JNC Editor-in-Chief Search Guidelines
The Journal of Nuclear Cardiology is the official publication of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology. It serves its readers as a source of information on all aspects of nuclear cardiology, including original clinical studies, review articles, etc.
In addition, the JNC serves as a forum for presentation and discussion of views related to the advancement of nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular imaging.
The JNC Editor Search Committee shall be responsible for seeking candidates and for nominating the Editor-in-Chief to the Board of Directors. The final selection rests with the Board of Directors.
The Editor-in-Chief shall report to the Board of Directors, but has full responsibility for what appears in the JNC (see Responsibilities and Duties below).
The term of appointment of the Editor-in-Chief is for five (5) years with a possible renewal for one additional five (5) year term upon approval by the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. The Editor-in-Chief shall have responsibility for all material that appears in the JNC, including reviews, advertising, letters, and editorials, in addition to the regular scientific material.
2. The Editor-in-Chief accepts manuscripts with the help of any useful advice from referees, or delegates acceptance of them to an associate editor.
3. The Editor-in-Chief supervises and coordinates the activities of the Manager, Editorial Office.
4. The Editor-in-Chief may propose to the Board of Directors any changes or innovations in the Society’s publication program, including changes in the JNC’s contents.
5. The Editor-in-Chief shall nominate all Associate Editors as well as all members of the Editorial Board and shall submit these nominations to the Board of Directors for approval.
6. The Editor-in-Chief shall submit recommendations relative to supplements to JNC to the Board of Directors for approval prior to publication.
7. The Editor-in-Chief must agree to divest him(her)self of any relevant financial relationship with a commercial interest.
Salary for the Editor-in-Chief shall be established by the Executive Council after review of salaries of comparable journal editors and consultation with the candidate for the position. The Executive Council shall set the salaries of the Associate Editors based upon recommendations from The Editor-in-Chief.